Saturday, May 14, 2011

New Orleans: NOLA







After meeting up with my cousin Jeff and friends on Bourbon street , we grabbed dinner with his friend Higor at NOLA, which is one of Emeril Lagassse’s restaurants. We sparred no expense tonight with two bottles of wine, four appetizers, and two desserts, everything was amazing. For the appetizers:
Miss Hay’s Stuffed Chicken Wings with Homemade Hoisin Dipping Sauce

Louisiana Blue Crab Cake with Corn Coulis, Frisée and Tomato-Bacon Jam

Emeril’s Barbecued Gulf Shrimp with Rosemary Biscuit

Prince Edward Island Black Mussels in a Garlic-Chardonnay Broth with Focaccia Bread

I don’t think that we ate a bad thing, with every bite all I could say was yum or hmmm. I was lost for words with this meal. For dinner, I order the Garlic Crusted Drum, cooked in a wood burning oven with Brabant potatoes, Crimini mushrooms, bacon and sauce Beurre Rouge. The fish was so buttery and the sauce was creamy and tart and so good I order extra on the side. I honestly could have died happy after eating here. The service was impeccable from the servers swooping in a rhythmic manner to place our entrees down simultaneously to the greeting when we walked in. Dessert was a gooey treat, warm Ooey Gooey Cake with layers of moist chocolate cake, marshmallows and toasted coconut served with coffee ice cream. We ordered two of these one with the coffee ice cream and one with vanilla ice cream and a banana liquor.  I have to say I am not one for chain restaurants but have to give this place a high recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment