Thursday, May 12, 2011

New Orleans: Marigny Brasserie





I am starting to feel a bit like a broken record, but what can I say another fantastic restaurant tonight. I went to dinner with all my co-workers that are down here. Marigny Brasserie is a very quaint and something that I have noticed about the restaurants down here are that they are not huge spaces, they are very intimate spaces with a lot of character. Tonight’s spread included frog legs, soft shell crab, and shrimp and grits. The most shocking to me was how much I liked the soft shell crabs.  I ordered the BBQ shrimp and grits with collard greens. The grits were creamy and buttery and the shrimp was cooked perfectly and the bbq flavor was subtle. After dinner we perused the dessert menu and to my delight the first item on the menu was bread pudding  (my favorite) we got one order for the table to share and to be honest I could have ate one by myself it was so good. After dinner we walked over to hi Ho lounge in the Faubourg Marigny neighborhood to listen to a New Orleans style dirty brass band.

No comments:

Post a Comment