Friday, May 13, 2011

New Orleans: Mother's



I had been hearing about Mother's since I got down here. So for lunch today my co-worker Kriston and I ducked out for a bite. When we go there, there was a line out the door, but they shoveled us through pretty quickly. Once inside, we grabbed menus, it was filled with all the southern classics, Etouffee, debris, Jambalaya,, Red Beans and Rice. I got the Shrimp Po’ boy sandwich and a bowl of the Crawfish Etouffee. Kriston got a po' boy with dedris and the red beans and rice. Another new discover while down here, Crystals hot sauce a slightly sweeter Tabasco, this could possibly be replacing my Frank’s. The Po’ Boy was fantastic and the bread was very fresh. Some of you know that I attempted to make Etouffee in the past, which did not turn out so good.  So, I was really excited to try it. I have to say I don’t know what I made but it was defiantly not Etoufee.

Chalk this place up to another success.

1 comment:

  1. Feel free to utilize me as a test dummy for any etoufee adventures. RTs in Del Ray has great etoufee!

    ReplyDelete