Friday, May 13, 2011

New Orleans: Jacques-imo's




I started my night off at the bar in Hotel Monteleone, Carousel Bar. This place was recommended to me by my friend Shelley. And it lived up to the hip. With a name like Carousel you can only imagine what the theme was, it is a bar that actually rotates around. A guest can hop on and with each rotation taking about 15 minutes to complete your view is always changing. The bar has a carousel theme, with dark wood and rich colors. The bartender was helpful in recommending a selection of local drinks for me to try. I settled on a Mr. Pimms Cup this was a light and refreshing beverage. After drinks I headed uptown to Jacques-imo’s to meet Braulio and Kriston for Dinner and Entertainment. We went to Maple Leaf, which is right next to Jacques-imo’s while we waited for our table to be ready. The band that was playing was Big Sam’s Funky Nation.  For dinner I started out with a Watermelon margarita that was a little to sweet for me and really strong and since I was not going for a night of shenanigans I decided to nurse my drink. The menu has a variety of choices from seafood to good ol’ southern favorites.

We started of the meal with shrimp and alligator sausage cheesecake I am not sure how they got the texture of the cheesecake to be spot on in this savory dish but it was light and creamy with a bit of spice that hit you at the back of your throat. Our second appetizer was escargot with torchiette pasta in a buttery, spicy sauce. The Escargot was so good, I could have used a spoon and ate the sauce. For dinner I got the stuffed pork chop stuffed with ground beef and shrimp. This must have been about two pounds of food. I did my best to eat as much as I could but eventually succumbed to a food coma. There was defiantly no room for dessert. Another dish that was ordered at the table that looked really good and comes highly recommend was the fried chicken. Next time I am down here I would get that.

No comments:

Post a Comment