Saturday, May 14, 2011

New Orleans: Café Du Monde



Ok, this was number one on my list and took me until Saturday to get here, but what can a busy gal do, too much food to eat and not enough time in the day to do it. I got here around 10:00am and there was a line about a half a block long. Don’t be turned away by the line it moved pretty quickly and what you experience is well worth the wait. There is a take out line if you are in a hurry, but trust me when I say that you want to experience these pieces of heavens sitting down. Café du Monde is a staple in the New Orleans area for their beignet. And are always open!!! I grabbed a table near the entrance of this open air space. And waited patiently for the server to stop by, I placed an ordered one (which is three beignets) and water. I do not recommend getting just water to drink; you defiantly need to wash them down with milk or the frozen Café Au Lait. When my order arrived I was not sure if I ordered beignets or a plate full of powdered sugar. I could not wait to dive into these fried doughnuts. My first bite was a tantalizing treat and I must have had a blissful expression on my face, because the guy next to me asked if this was my first time.
I highly recommend this place if you are ever in New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment